I am Marriage & Family Therapist. My distinctive professional license has provided me with specialized training in the work I enjoy the most: helping people improve their experience within their closest relationships, and most importantly with themselves. I offer an authentic, dynamic and compassionate approach to psychotherapy for adults, couples, and families.
Everyone experiences times in their lives where they feel stuck, sad, anxious, or simply lost. It takes courage and wisdom to keep moving forward, and this is where I can help. My integrative therapeutic style considers the existential experience of the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
I welcome people in all stages of relationship: those who single and searching for a partner, those who want to improve an existing one, and those who in the process of ending one. When I work with a couple, I view your relationship as my client- with highly specialized needs of it’s own.
These are some of my services for couples:
- Couples Counseling: This process aims to improve communication, increase trust, and reconnect partners. I am currently pursuing certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Research studies have found that 70-75% of couples that complete the process report significant improvement in their relationship. You can read more about this approach here: http://www.iceeft.com/index.php/about-us/what-is-eft
- Discernment Counseling: Discernment Counseling is a 1-5 session process, designed to help couples determine if they are going to recommit to their marriage, or move towards divorce. You can read more about this approach here: http://www.cehd.umn.edu/fsos/projects/mcb/couples.asp
- Premarital and Relationship Enrichment counseling using the Prepare/Enrich model. This model offers an online relationship assessment tool, and is generally completed within 5 sessions. You can learn more about it at: http://www.prepare-enrich.com/
I also specialize in working with individual adults and families in the following areas:
- Coping with big adjustments, and the low level and depression and anxiety that commonly accompany them. This can include: grief, divorce, infertility, moving, “happy events” can trigger these feelings as well: such marriage or pregnancy.
- Recovery from emotional, physical and mental trauma.
- Families: Improving boundaries, communication skills and balancing out roles for family members.
I offer a complimentary 15 minute telephone consultation to give you an opportunity to determine if my services are a good fit for you.